Demonstration at Mexican Consulate in New York supporting La Sexta Bachajón
Week of Worldwide Action in Solidarity with the ejidatarios of San Sebastián Bachajón, from 4th to 10th December 2016.
On Sunday, December 4, 2016, Movement for Justice in El Barrio started off the Week of Worldwide Action in Solidarity with the ejidatarios of San Sebastián Bachajón with a demonstration in front of the Mexican Consulate in New York.
That afternoon, migrant families from El Barrio, New York went to the Consulate of the bad government of Mexico. During the action, several compañeras, members of Movement, took the floor to demand the following:
- Respect for the fundamental human rights of the indigenous Tseltal peoples of San Sebastián Bachajón, and guarantees for their security and integrity
- Respect and guarantees for their right to the full use and enjoyment of their territory and to self-determination and the construction of their autonomy
- An end to the plunder and dispossession and the theft of commons,
- An end to the permanent police presence and the militarisation of the area, and to the threats and violence which are being experienced
- A full and fair investigation into the material and intellectual authors of the assassinations of Juan Vázquez Guzmán and Juan Carlos Gómez Silvano. Also a fair and comprehensive investigation into the savage attack against Domingo Pérez Álvaro, and the punishment of those responsible.
- Freedom and justice for Esteban Gómez Jiménez, prisoner in Cintalapa de Figueroa, and for Santiago Moreno Pérez and Emilio Jiménez Gómez, prisoners in Playas de Catazaja.
The women, men, girls and boys finished the demonstration shouting the following slogans:
Land, Freedom and Justice for the Ejidatarios of San Sebastián Bachajón!
Stop the Aggressions against the Adherents to the Sexta!
Juan Vázquez Guzmán Lives! The Bachajón struggle continues!
Juan Carlos Gómez Silvano Lives! The Bachajón struggle continues!
Long live La Sexta Bachajon!
Long Live the EZLN!
Posted by Dorset Chiapas Solidarity