Scott Campbell’s translation of an open letter sent out by the Colectivo Contraimpunidad. Sign on and spread the word. Free all political prisoners! [Spanish original]
We ask for you to sign on and spread this letter which will be sent to Mexico as a result of the unjust sentences given to the political prisoners from Atenco.
Send your name, occupation (optional), city or country to: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Open Letter
As a result of the scandalous sentences announced on August 21 against the activists, victims of the violent days of May 3 – 4, 2006, in San Salvador Atenco, Mexico.
Just women and men from Mexico and the world repudiate the jailing of innocents and demand the government:
* Immediately drop the 67-year sentences against activists Ignacio del Valle, Felipe Alvarez and Hector Galindo, unjustly sentenced in 2007.
* Immediately drop the 45-year sentence against Ignacio del Valle, unjustly sentenced on August 21, 2008.
* Immediately drop the 31-year, 10-month and 15-day sentences of activists Juan Carlos Estrada Romero, Oscar Hernandez Pacheco, Narciso Arellano Hernandez, Alejandro Pilon Zacate, Jorge Alberto y Roman Adan Ordonez Romero, Pedro Reyes Flores, Ines Rodolfo Cuellar Rivera, Edgar Eduardo Morales Reyes and Julio Cesar Espinoza Ramos, unjustly sentenced on August 21, 2008.
* Immediately free all the political prisoners from Atenco.
* Bring to justice the murderers of Alexis Benhumea and Francisco Javier Cortes.
Because we will not give up!
We will not be silenced!
We will not forget!
Down with impunity in Mexico!
Colectivo contraimpunidad, DDHH, Natalia Castelgrande, Andrea Caraballo, Ana de Leon, Humberto Robles